Minebox.io has announced that all Pre-order customers are recieving a free upgrade! Minebox Batch 1 will be based on HPE Proliant Microserver Gen10.
— Minebox (@mineboxHQ) September 1, 2017
“We’ve been very busy getting the Minebox system up and running. Our facility was prepared and the first devices are now in our pipeline” – Minebox.io
“By comparison, the Gen10 has about 80% more processing power, 8GB RAM, a graphics card by AMD, AES acceleration, and general awesomeness.” – Minebox.io
With this upgrade Minebox customers will be among one of the only people in the world using a NAS based on the latest HPE Proliant Microserver Gen10.
HPE Proliant Gen10 Specs:
- Processor: (1) AMD Opteron™ X3216 (1.6-3.0GHz/2-core/1MB/12-15W) Processor
- Cache Memory: 1MB (1 x 1MB) L2 cache
- Memory: 8GB (1 x 8GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 UDIMM NOTE: Total of 2 DIMM slots.
- Network Controller: Embedded Broadcom BCM5720 Dual Port 1Gbe LOM
- Storage Controller: Embedded Marvell 88SE9230 SATA controller
- Internal Storage: 4 LFF NHP SATA HDD cage
- PCI Slots: 2 standard (Low Profile) PCIe 3.0
- Operating system: MineboxOS 1.0
- Form Factor: Ultra Micro Tower
More news on the Beta & shipment:
“Because of this news, the Minebox Beta Program is now focused on internal testing. We really appreciate the huge number of volunteers, and we’re sorry not everyone can be included in the test group. If you signed up to help test, you will be given priority in shipping. Once your devices are ready, you will receive an email with further instructions to confirm your destination and shipping costs. For non-beta testers, under the new timeline you can expect shipments to begin sometime during the last week of September and first two weeks of October.” – Minebox.io
Met Vriendelijke Groet / With kind regards,